Estate planning should never be a “one size fits all” solution. That’s because everyone has different goals for their future and their children’s future. Most younger clients want the peace of mind knowing their kids will be taken care of. Older clients not only want to protect their assets, but want assurance that their precise wishes are met. That’s why Wood & Associates creates customized Estate Plans. We listen to both your challenges and your goals and develop a plan appropriate for meeting both.
Our estate planning services typically include the following documents:
- Last Will and Testament. Details your final wishes with regard to who is to receive your financial assets and other possessions. Wills can also designate guardianship of minor children.
- Advanced Healthcare Directive. Provides direction for your family should they need to make health care decisions on your behalf.
- Health Care Proxy. Appoints a representative to communicate with doctors and nurses and make health care related decisions on your behalf.
- Durable Power of Attorney. Appoints an individual as your agent to make necessary decisions in the event you become legally incompetent or incapacitated.
- Trust. A legal entity with multiple customizable options that maintains assets for the benefit of certain individuals.
Because your health and assets can change as you age, estate plans should be modified with time. In addition to amending these plans, Wood & Associates also streamlines complex estate planning issues such as wealth and asset protection, retirement income, and long-term care. When needed, we work with an experienced team of trusted professionals that include accountants, financial planners, insurance advisors, geriatric care managers and medical specialists. At Wood & Associates, we’re committed to making your life a little easier. Because that’s what peace of mind is all about.
Specialists in Elder Care Law.
Long-term care is becoming an essential part of estate planning. Unfortunately, it is not only highly complicated, but expensive. Both New York State and the Federal Government are always evaluating entitlement programs in an effort to reduce their own costs. As health care provisions and coverage become more and more uncertain, many clients worry that they or their parents will be unable to obtain, let alone afford, long-term care.
And that can be unsettling. Wood & Associates is here not only to help you clearly understand elder care regulations and your options, but to develop a strategy for coverage. We offer a broad range of specialized services, including:
- Medicaid Applications
- Medicaid Planning
- Medicaid Fair Hearings
- Pooled Trust Applications
- Guardianship Actions
- Long Term Care Planning
- Asset Protection
- Real Estate Transactions