Running a business involves a lot more than profit-and-loss. For most business owners the day-to-day operation of the business is the easy part. The part they ignore is the tedious, legal and accounting matters that can sink them in the future: buy-and-sell agreements, taxes and insurance, compensation and compliance…and the documentation that goes along with it all. Business owners – and those who wish to start a new business – work with us to get it all done quickly, efficiently and legally. We help the clients choose between the many corporate structures, from Partnerships, “S-Corporations”, and Limited Liability Companies, just to name a few. We draft documents and advise partners and shareholders in small businesses on insurance decisions, buy/sell arrangements, Human Resources and business succession planning matters. And when a new legal matter pops up (as it often does when you are least expecting it) you have someone who knows your business – and knows the law – who is only a phone call away. . .we are here for them, as the part-time “General Counsel”, guiding the way to a successful business future.
This area of practice is focused on the NY Business Corporations Law (BCL), The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and NY’s Contract Law
Type of Work
- Drafting: Articles of Incorporation; Shareholder Agreements, Partnership Agreements, Membership Agreements (for LLC’s). Nondisclosure agreements
- Contracts between businesses
- Stock Transfer Agreements; Asset Purchase Agreements
- Commercial Loan Agreements, Private Mortgage and Note Agreements (for Residential and Commercial Properties)
- Every document needed in a Sale and/or Purchases of existing businesses